I put on lipstick for the first time in months on August 6, 2020. The previous time was March 11, 2020. Never in my life have I gone so long between lipstick applications. What's more, I have not applied any other type of cosmetics during this time--five months.
Before March 11, when I applied cosmetics, it was usually just lipstick. I might reapply it six times in a day if my lips felt dry. It seems my lips do not get dry enough to remove or raise the mask now.
Eyeliner or shadow were rarely applied. Now, neither are ever applied. Spring cosmetics usually do not include anything near my eyes since I have allergies.
Applying foundation and blush make me look less dead and more alive. Now, since the mask covers my face, I forego both. Besides, my mask will start looking nasty. When I put on lipstick the other day and then wore the mask, I had lipstick all over the white inside of my mask.
Most of my life, I have worn no cosmetic other than lipstick because I hated applying it and I had a complexion that did not need anything to improve or enhance it. Yes, I HAD a great complexion. And, there was rarely anything that needed covering. And, I hated and still hate all makeup except lipstick. Now, I feel like I need it.
When my son was three, one day I put on lipstick while we were home. He thought I was leaving the house because I put on lipstick! He kept following me around, not wanting to be left home alone. My husband was gone with our only car, so there was no chance I was leaving! Nope, I never put on makeup to go anyplace back then, just lipstick.
Have you worn less cosmetics in the last few months? Blame it on Covid-19? Were you a committed wearer of cosmetics before all this? Have you eschewed lipstick now? Other makeup?

0 Yorumlar