Time to ring out the old year and welcome the new.Where does time go?
MiP (MYSTERIES in PARADISE) will have been around for just on 3 years in a couple of days time.
I created it as the result of a resolution on New Year's Eve 2007.
Some statistical reflections.
- I've read 136 books this year, quite an increase over last year's 104, and bringing my total since I have begun to keep records (1975) to an even 3000 in the last 36 years.
- I've written 610 blog posts on MiP this year, an increase of over 60 on last year, after resolving at the end of 2009 that I ought to write less. Only 25% of them are actually book reviews and there always seems to be plenty to write about.
- According to my main counter about 107,000 visitors have come to my blog this year, about 2,000 a week. Having a good number of reviews available obviously does draw quite a number.
- I continue to enjoy blogging and have participated in a number of weekly events including Sunday Salon, Weekly Geeks and Friday's Forgotten Books.
- This year I have completed quite a number of reading challenges which have pushed me to read outside my usual geographic limitations. I have put my name down on quite a number more in 2011. Time will tell about whether I'm over stretching myself, or becoming too organised.
- This year the Agatha Christie Blog Carnival celebrated Agatha Christie's 120th birthday with a month long blog tour.
- MiP reached the finals of Book Blogger Appreciation week..

So if you are a visitor to my blog, regular or not, thanks for coming; and if you've left comments, thanks for the encouragement. I hope to hear again from you in the new year.
So farewell the old year with gusto, and think about those new year resolutions!



0 Yorumlar