That's what we're experiencing here; it's suddenly summer, with record-breaking temperatures soaring over 80°! And boom, just like that, the foxtail is heading out, a sad signal that the sheep's grazing privileges will soon be revoked to prevent those wicked barbs from ruining fleeces and burrowing into flesh. Sigh.
The horses got a wee bit of turn-out for the first time today. Rick is extremely cautious about the risk of founder; he's seen a lot of cases as an equine vet. Plus, Lance is still recovering from a suspensory injury, so I held my breath and hoped he didn't frolic too much. I turned Oliver out in the arena for awhile to burn off steam, and took Lance for a road ride first so he wouldn't have excess energy. It was a beautiful afternoon!
Later I transplanted a geranium I bought recently, and captured this shot of our front yard.
Freshly mowed lawn; Japanese maples leaving out; blooming candytuft, geranium, and pink flowering cherry – it looks pretty good out there right now! I'll be ready for the cool-down at the end of the week, however.
That's it for today from . . .






0 Yorumlar