Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Hulk vs Fin Fang Foom

Benjamin, a visitor to my humble little blog, brought this recently-released comic to my attention: a one-shot issue featuring a skirmish between the Incredible Hulk and Marvel's giant Chinese dragon monster, Fin Fang Foom. Stuff like this raises my hopes that there might one day be a second round of “Marvel Monsters” comics, although the company still seems to be preoccupied with doing zombie interpretations of their characters.

The issue also features a reprint of the first appearance of the Fin Fang Foom character from Strange Tales #89, back when he was colored orange (despite being green on the cover of the comic). It’s a fun read and unintentionally humorous in spots, as the writing is typical of most comics from that time period, i.e., lots of awkward, exposition-heavy narrative. For example:

I dunno- if I were one of those soldiers, I think I’d probably be saying something along the lines of “AAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Shoot it! SHOOT IT!” verses flowery observation. But that’s just me.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar