A bit later than usual, here my monthly round-up of happenings
Eating fresh produce from our garden. The artichokes are very prolific this year, and there is masses of salad and berries and the first courgettes are ready, too. I noticed little gherkins growing on my porch cucumber plants, exciting. I might move these outside as it is very warm
Cooking chanterelle risotto. We have a friend (let's call him the mushroom man) who regularly supplies us with freshly picked chanterelle mushrooms. The season has started and we received a large bag full, complete with moss and grass from the forest floor.
Making pesto with my home grown basil. I also made a few small bottles of elderflower squash
Reading several books at once. My favourite so far this month is "How we disappeared" by Jing-Jing Lee.
Celebrating my University Teaching Excellence Award (for individual excellence!). I am really happy about this award, it means a lot. It comes with a small honorarium, so maybe I'll finally buy a new sewing machine.
Trying (and failing) to conquer the laundry mountain
Buying clothes and trainers for James and Alistair. I don't know how they do it but they do wreck trainers and garments very quickly, faster than they outgrow them.
Quilting my Lucy's Terrace Quilt. This has been waiting for 6 months and I decided to get it done before starting something new. I am machine quilting, it is hard on the wrist but quick.
Cutting out a black floral viscose crepe fabric for the short version of the Sylvia robe.
Wanting to sew a tank top but not with any of the jersey cottons I have. By the time I make up my mind it is probably winter
Thinking of Sam who started his one year paid internship this week. Moving to a new city and starting a new job is not easy.
Kicking myself for buying a parasol that does not tilt (it works ok during the warmest hours of the day)
Searching in vain for wild raspberries in the woods but there is just too much Himalayan Balsam choking native plant growth. I pull some up every time I walk past a patch but it is a battle lost. I noticed that somebody has burned off patches Japanese knotweed along the river. At least I am not the only one who cares!
Enjoying the amazing weather we've had. It is proper summer and our bifold doors are open all day long. Jack likes baking in the sun.
Enjoying the company of new and old friends. The good weather is excellent for socialising safely outdoors.
Spotting a flock of long tailed tits in the garden. This is a first and I am really excited about it. I also noticed a single Common Spotted Orchid along the canal when jogging along at a leisurely pace. I hope my identification is correct!
Realising that I get an extra day off work at the end of my holiday. I forget Glasgow Fair Monday every year.
Thanks for visiting 🙂












0 Yorumlar