Saturday was an ideal flying day for Philip and as he had clocked up some free flying time from his voluntary job at the flying club, he took to the skies with his
First off there was all the planning to do, lots of lines drawn on a chart, he also sets up maps on his ipad and GPS, no chance of getting lost!
Flying over Flamboro, you can just see the lighthouse through the haze.
The round the corner towards Bridlington, follow the beach and you come to the harbour jutting out into the sea.They had a really good flight and it took about 1hour 20min, then back to the clubhouse for a coffee and chat. I'm really glad he has a few mates who like going with him, I will go, but to be honest it makes me feel unwell for a couple of days after, I don't like the motion. I would much rather be on a 747 going to the sun :-)
My weekend consisted of cooking for the freezer, not a chore for me as I do like cooking.
3 Cheese and onion Quiches, 1 for tea and 2 for the freezer
The pastry crumbled a little when I took it out of the tin, but it tasted lovely.
I had a large back of pork leg chunks in the freezer (1.5kg) so that got divided into 3 pots, 1 stew, 1 spicy Pork & Beans and the other with onions and mushrooms for pie filling.All portioned up and ready for the freezer, enough for 5 different meals for the 2 of us.
Today I made Turkey burgers with some free range turkey mince, we had 2 each with a few oven chips and beans and some homemade coleslaw.
These are for tomorrow to have with salad and roasted tomatoes from the freezer (homegrown ones from last years crop). I sealed them in the pan then finished cooking them in the oven.
So a busy weekend with the walk on Sunday, and lots of ready meals in the freezer for next month.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend

0 Yorumlar